For Immediate Release
APPLETON, Wis., — The Alliance recognized NOVO Health as an organization making significant contributions to transforming health care in the communities it serves during the cooperative’s annual seminar.
NOVO Health was recognized with a Health Transformation Award for transforming the way health care is delivered and reimbursed through its Direct Medical Marketsm. Introduced in 2014, the Direct Medical Marketsm connects independent physicians and self-insured employers to deliver accessible, specialty health care with certainty of cost and quality known up front.
“The company’s direct contracting model offers employer-partners transparent, bundled pricing on more than 60 outpatient medical procedures,” The Alliance stated when announcing the award. “This model encourages employee engagement which educates and empowers consumers to make better decisions about their own health and the care they receive.”
NOVO Health was one of three companies to receive recognition from The Alliance. Other companies recognized include:
- Promega Corporation, Fitchburg, Wis., created a Caregiver Leave policy as part of its employee health benefits. Caregiver Leave can apply to parents of newborns or older children, a spouse or partner, or aging parents.
- Marilyn Bartlett and the Montana State Employee Health Plan, Helena, Mont., are being recognized for their turnaround plan using Medicare rates to benchmark and then reset hospital payments.
The Alliance presents the Health Transformation Awards at its Annual Seminar, where national leaders share their expertise on crucial health care issues. The event attracts an audience of employers and health care providers as well as brokers, agents and other professionals who support employers that self-fund their health benefits.
Health Transformation Award recipients must demonstrate a commitment to promoting change in the health care marketplace based on one or more of the following criteria:
- Exploring new approaches to delivering care.
- Exploring new approaches to paying for care.
- Improving the quality of care using a systematic, process-oriented approach that can be adapted and implemented by other organizations.
- Collaborating with other organizations to develop innovative solutions to significant health care problems.
- Advancing our understanding of how to engage consumers in making better decisions about their care.
- Providing extraordinary leadership among employers related to health benefits, specifically by representing employers’ interests and/or developing a consensus on important issues among a significant number of employers.
NOVO Health represents board-certified independent physicians and accredited facilities that offer specialty healthcare solutions. Founded in 2014, NOVO Health adheres to high standards for quality, cost and patient experience, and partners with payers, coalitions, providers and self-insured employers to reduce medical spend.
The Alliance is a not-for-profit cooperative that moves health care forward by controlling costs, improving quality and engaging individuals in their health. Members include more than 240 self-funded employers and multiemployer plans in Wisconsin, Illinois and Iowa.
Contact: Sean P. Johnson Editor/Publisher Novo Live Public Relations Manager NOVO Health (920) 851-1170 [email protected]